Wednesday 16th January
OMG! Excited and delighted to welcome the creator of Inferno Hot Pilates to our little studio in Glasgow! Wow-wee!
This class will be the most fun you've had on a chilly January lunchtime. Ever. Come and get hot, get fit, catch Gabi's playlist and learn the moves from the master! This class will sell out. Ask us to reserve your place.
We managed to grab Gabi around her other commitments and when she offered us a 12noon class, we thought about it for a nano second and decided to take it! We recommend talking to the boss well in advance and let everyone know you'll need an extended lunch!
Gabi founded the first dedicated Hot-Pilates studio in Las Vegas. Originally from Budapest, Hungary, she grew up as an accomplished athlete, competing in Track and Field and winning her age group in many events including the Long Jump, High Jump, 400m, and 800m distances.
She moved to the US in 2002 to compete in many Fitness events across the country. Only after suffering a severe knee injury, did she discovered Meditation, Yoga, and Pilates.
In 2009, Gabi developed Hot Pilates — a 60 minute, high intensity, low impact workout performed in a room heated to 95 degrees and 40% humidity. Three years later, Gabi opened her own Hot Pilates studio.
In 2008, Gabi’s spiritual journey took her to India, where she learned Deeksha (Oneness Blessing). After months of prayer and meditation on the other side of the globe, Gabi came home to Las Vegas and realized her own purpose — to make a difference in the world and in other people’s lives.
Channeling her desire to help others with her love of fitness, Gabi began studying Yoga — becoming a Hatha Yoga Instructor and getting certified in Power Yoga and Pilates.
In 2012, Gabi started Inferno Pilates — the first dedicated Hot Pilates studio in Las Vegas.
More information coming soon. Ask Lou to keep you a place.
Jacqui, who trained with the Yoga of 12-Step Recovery creator Nikki Myers, will host Scotland's first Y12SR training.
This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also relevant and helpful for therapists, counsellors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery. To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and online Y12SR Intensive, recommended to do first.
Y12SR Training teaches participants to:
• Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behaviour, or are affected by the addictive behaviour of others.
• Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognising the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
• Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
• Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
• Use social learning theory to model new behaviour through observational learning.
• Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
• Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
• Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
Fri 22ndMarch, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Saturday 23rdMarch, 9:30am - 6:30pm
Sunday 24thMarch, 9:30am - 4pm
Email for questions: email@example.com